SISO Broadband Radio Transceiver with miniPCI interface
DL915-26 is a state-of-the-art embedded OFDM SISO (Single Stream) Wireless Broadband radio transceiver for the 902-928 MHz band. It is a member of large family of form factor compatible modules in different frequencies spanning from 400-1200 MHz. It contains all the digital and anologue/RF functions packed in a compact miniPCI size to simplify the system integration.
Band Availability and Radio Services
The ITU has allocated the 915 MHz band as unlicensed band for Region 2 (Americas). In USA, FCC Part 15 allows operation of unlicensed communication devices. Israel, Australia, New Zealand also allow use of the 915 MHz band. Countries like Brazil have certain special restrictions on the use of this band. DL915-26 is able to support these special requirements.
The DL915-26 broadband radio transceiver can deliver IP based HD Video, Voice and Data services in Near Line of Sight (NrLOS) conditions. The transceiver delivers high Tx power, low distortion EVM (Error Vector Magnitude) signal even at 64 QAM modulation to achieve high data throughput. DL915-26 features Doodle Labs’ proprietary Prism-WiFi® technology with advanced filtering and noise reduction techniques for better Rx sensitivity, high SNR and high interference immunity. Due to the high signal penetration at low frequency, DL915-26 is specially suitable to deliver best performance in long-range NrLOS applications.
In USA, just outside the 902-928 MHz band, strong Paging towers are operating. The DL915-26 features advanced filtering circuits for protection against these strong interference signals.
- Best-in-class radio performance with high throughput, spectral efficiency, advanced RF interference mitigation and resistance to multi-path fading for Near Line of Sight (NrLOS) performance.
- High Tx power to maintain distortion free signal (low EVM) to maintain lowest packet errors to maximize data throughput at higher data modulation.
- Integrated LNA to achieve better Rx sensitivity and SNR.
- Advanced filtering techniques to achieve high interference immunity.
- Self-adapting OFDM modulation rates to maintain optimal link performance under different operating conditions.
- An extensive family of form factor compatible radio modules in all frequencies spanning 400-1200 MHz.
- 128 bit AES encryption for over the air data security
- Simple System Integration with commercially available components.
- Proven compatibility with OpenWrt and many other 3rd party software stack
- Open Source ath5k Linux Kernel driver
- Designed and Verified to meet various regulatory requirements.
- Form factor compatibility with many embedded SBC (Single Board Computers).
- High quality design ensures durability in harsh operating environments
|Model No. and Product Status||DL915-26. General Availability.|
|RF Power||Software configurable from 14 dBm to 30 dBm|
|Receive Sensitivity||-96 to -72 dBm, depends on the Modulation and the Channel Bandwidth.|
|Channel Bandwidth||Software selectable 5, 10 and 20 MHz channels|
|Operating Modes||AP and STA modes to implement Point to Point, Infrastucture Point to multi Point, and Ad-hoc/Mesh networks|
|Radio Waveform||An extension of IEEE 802.11 g|
|MAC Protocol||TDMA with Carrier Sense Multiple Access with Collision Avoidance (CSMA/CA, Qualcomm Atheros MAC – AR5414)|
|Wireless Error Correction||FEC, ARQ|
|Linux Software Support||OpenWRT (Wireless Router) and ath5k driver|
|Tx/Rx Specification||Radio Data Rate (Mbps)||Typical TCP/IP data throughput||Modulation||Max Tx Power
(± 2 dBm)
(± 2 dBm)
|5 MHz Channel||1.5||1.3||BPSK||30||-96|
|10 MHz Channel||3||2.5||BPSK||30||-95|
|20 MHz Channel||6||5.5||BPSK||30||-93|
|Input Signal Strength||-40 to -80 dBm (Recommended), (Absolute Maximum=0 dBm)|
|Receiver LNA Gain||+15 dBm|
|Receiver Adjacent Channel Rejection (ACR)||>20 dB|
|Receiver Alternate Channel Rejection (ALCR)||>40 dB|
|Receive chain Noise Figure||+6 dB|
Transmitter Out of Band Emissions (Meets/Exceeds FCC, ETSI, IC specifications)
|Minimum -20 dBc (0.5*ChBW), -27 dBc (0.71*ChBW), -32 dBc (1.06*ChBW), -44 dBc (2*ChBW)|
Transmitter Adjacent Channel Leakage power Ratio (ACLR)
|Min 45 dB (Fc ± ChBW), Min 50 dB (Fc ± 2*ChBW)|
|Transmitter Spurious Emission Suppression||-40 dBc (Minimum)|
|RF Power control||In 0.5 dBm steps. Accuracy of power control loop ±1 dBm|
|It is advantageous to use the smallest Channel Bandwidth that can support the Throughput and Range requirements. Smaller Bandwidths provide more channels to choose and avoid any interference issues. The system’s SNR is higher at smaller Channel Bandwidths.|
|PHYSICAL, ENVIRONMENTAL AND OTHER SPECIFICATIONS|
|Host CPU Board||Any CPU board with Industry standard 32 bits, 33 MHz miniPCI Type III A|
|Antenna Ports||Two MMCX Ports (50 Ohms) for Antenna Diversity.|
|Operating Voltage||3.3 Volts (Optional 5 V configuration)|
|Power Consumption||7W @ 30 dBm, in continuous data transfer mode
5W @ 24 dBm, in continuous data transmit mode @ 48 Mbps
2W in continuous data receive mode
0.9W in Sleep mode
|Ambient Temperature for transceiver (Operating)||Industrial grade (-20°C to +70°C). Recommended for the Outdoor/MIL-SPEC compliant modem development (-40°C to +60°C) due to internal power dissipation. Verified cold boot operation.|
|Dimensions||60 x 67 x 8 mm, approx. 40 grams. (CAD file available)|
|Regulatory Requirements||Designed and Verified to meet various regulatory requirements. Formal testing and approval is required based on the Integrator’s particular host platform. The Integrator is also responsible for obtaining any other required regulatory approvals in target markets for the finished product.|
* Specification are subject to change without prior notice.